The most important element in any soccer game would have to be the referee. We administer the rules, conduct a safe game and make sure that the overall atmosphere is that of a FUN, FAIR and Safe for our players. As a female, you will be the essence of the game and not to mention a role model for other potential referees in this category.
"Strength does not come by what you can do, it comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn't" - Unknown
As a female referee you will NOT:
- Have to know anything about the game of soccer; We will train you and provide mentoring.
- Have to give up any more time than you can give;
- Have to put up with unsporting behavior from the sidelines.
- Miss your child's games
- Be the only woman out there!
However, you WILL:
- Have full support and mentoring
- Enjoy the exercise and fresh air
- Feel good about yourself
- Meet new people
- Earn respect
- Have fun!
HELPFUL LINKS for Women Referees
Download the Guide for Women Referees for help and resources
Like Female Soccer Referees Worldwide on Facebook for support and as a discussion forum for any questions and concerns you may have.
Click for news article on one of the most successful Woman Referee, known world wide for her amazing skills and knowledge of the game. Kari Seitzs (pictured here with your Assitant Regional Referee Administrator Female Liaison Ana Bernier)